Hurrah for it’s a holiday! In celebration of our National Independence Day, surely the whole family is tied at home and this is also the days that you’re friends and relatives usually visit you. Breakfast… lunch, then snacks! This time, we had Quick and Healthy snack with a twist.
This Healthy Tuna Pasta recipe is so easy; you can make it over a campfire with one pan. The trick is to cook the pasta in a saucepan, drain it, then put it back into the pan and add all the other ingredients. The great news is that you will only have one pan to wash up!
- Bunch of Malunggay Leaves
- 500g Pasta
- Canned Tuna
- Shitake Mushroom
- Crushed Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Remove the Malunggay (moringa) leaves from its stem then set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions until “al dente” (tender to the bite), then carefully drain.
- Sauté crushed garlic in Olive oil. Add the shitake mushroom and Tuna. Season with salt and pepper according to your desired taste.
- Add the malunggay leaves to your pan once the tuna is cooked.
- Then toss the pasta. Easy!
Note: You may add other veggies like sweet corn, green peace or red and green bell pepper to give color and make it playful to your kiddo’s eyes. Perfect pair with garlic bread!
Sit back and enjoy your own Healthy Tuna Pasta with Malunggay.
How about you? We’d love to hear how you spend your vacation during holidays.